The Council on Accreditation (COA) is seeking workshop proposals for our 2020 Conference: Engage, Empower, Evolve. The conference will take place on August 9-11, 2020, in New York City. Previous conferences have attracted hundreds of best practice and quality improvement -minded professionals in the human and social service industries.
For our 2020 conference, we are interested in hearing from the field about the following topic areas:
- Building organizational resilience
- COA accreditation: Managing the process, leveraging the value of accreditation, etc.
- Communicating your mission
- Effective partnerships and collaborations
- Emerging public policy issues and trending topics
- Promoting best practice and innovation in service delivery
- Quality improvement: Cultivating a data-driven culture
- Strategies for mitigating risks
- Workforce development: Employee engagement, retention, supportive supervision, mentoring, and leadership
Read on for background information and guidelines, or, if you’re ready to submit, hit the button below. The deadline for proposal submissions is November 15, 2019.
COA’s mission is to partner with human service organizations to improve service delivery outcomes by developing, applying, and promoting accreditation standards. Our 2020 Conference will provide participants with a forum to exchange information, discuss innovative ideas and strategies, and build lasting connections. This conference will bring together a diverse community across the human services field to share their areas of expertise and explore the ways that accreditation supports the delivery of high quality services.
We invite any and all proposals that will engage, educate, and inspire conference participants. Submissions may reflect the identified topic areas, or they may address other issues relevant to the COA community and the individuals and families they serve.
Note: COA will not accept workshops intended to market or sell a product, consultant, model, or program.
Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Guidelines for submission
Workshops should be 60 or 90 minutes in length. COA may group selected presentations into panels according to similar thematic content.
PROCEDURES FOR PROPOSAL SUBMISSIONS
All workshop proposals must be submitted electronically. Please note that you will be required to provide the following information:
- Designation of a primary contact for all communications with COA related to workshop submission
- Presenter(s) information and a short bio (no more than 100 words), indicating credentials, any previous lecturing/training experience, and relationship with COA
- Title of presentation
- Area of interest/topic
- Target audience
- Length of presentation (60 or 90 minutes)
- A brief summary of the presentation for inclusion in the conference brochure that clearly communicates the presentation’s content (no more than 50 words)
- An abstract of the presentation (minimum 500-700 words)
- Three learning outcomes
The deadline for submissions is November 15, 2019.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Please note that all presenters will be responsible for paying for their own travel and lodging. Presenters must be willing to make the presentation as described, at the date and time determined by COA. We also ask that presenters submit presentation materials in advance of the conference to be shared with the COA community on our conference website. Presenters will be responsible for providing all handout materials for their workshop. COA will notify presenters of the number of handouts that will be needed prior to the conference.
Presenters will receive a discounted registration fee for the conference.
Click below to submit a proposal.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Thank you in advance for your consideration and participation!